Installation phpSitemapNG 1.5.x
- Download the current release and store it on your harddisc
- Create a directory on your webserver (suggestion: /admin/phpsitemapng) and protect it with a .htaccess file
- Extract this archive and copy the files to this directory on your website, copy sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz into the root directory of your website.
- Make the following files writable (
- /sitemap.xml (- or /sitemap.xml.gz for compressed sitemap)
- /sitemap.txt (if you would like to write txt sitemaps files)
- settings/settings.inc.php (to store your settings)
- settings/files.inc.php – (store information about generated sitemap; only useful for small websites)
- That’s it, you can proceed with the usage of phpSitemapNG
Installation of phpSitemapNG 1.6.x / kiting
Just follow these steps to install phpSitemapNG.
- Download the latest development release from the phpSitemapNG download section.
- Extract this zip archive and copy the phpSitemapNG directory to your website.
- Modify the attributes of the directory phpSitemapNG/tmp/ to 777 – all information of phpSitemapNG will be stored into this directory. Maybe this is not necessary – but this depends on your webhoster.
That’s it. Now read how to use phpSitemapNG “kiting” release.