phpSitemapNG is a free Google Sitemaps generator written in PHP, but also generates RSS-based, txt-based and HTML-based sitemap files. It will spider your website and also your filesystem (of course, as you prefer). You can download and use it for free, the licence is GPL.
You can try the demo crawler to get an impression of the quality of the crawling engine and also create an initial sitemap.
To use phpSitemapNG start with downloading phpSitemapNG and follow the steps described at the bottom of the pages to install and setup phpSitemapNG properly.
Please note that this software is not developed anymore and only available “as is”.
- sitemaps.org – information about XML-based sitempas
- Information about xml sitemaps published by Google webmaster central
- GSiteCrawler – sitemaps generator that can be installed on your windows desktop
- SEOmoz Beginners Guide to SEO about sitemaps
- Sitemap Comparison of Text, HTML, ROR, RSS and XML Sitemaps